Monday, March 11, 2013

Selective Thoughts Mean A Better Life?

“You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control.” -Elizabeth Gilbert Eat, Pray, Love 

I'm a type A personality which means I like control; letting go means the unknown. I hate not knowing what tomorrow will bring. I have a hard time accepting that my mom may never be fine again. Perception plays a huge roll in life and it's always easier said than done. If things were that easy everyone would be happier. Trying to remain in control also tends to include my emotions and I hate letting my sad emotions show. For example, today was an amazing day spent with a friend, but as soon as I got home reality hit and I just wanted to cry until I couldn't cry anymore. When you are alone thoughts tend to take over. I'm tired of controlling my emotions, but cannot just let my thoughts run free. Even now I know most of this probably does not make sense because my mind is so jumbled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment