Monday, December 10, 2012

Have Courage When Looking Fear in the Face

 "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'- Eleanor Roosevelt


Every day for the past year has been an experience, a struggle, and a test of strength. Tomorrow is my mom's surgery and everyone is anxious. Once again we are facing the unknown. Every surgery, patient, and outcome are different so we really don't know how my mom will do or feel after this procedure. From what we have read and been told it seems to be a difficult recovery, but that's expected when organs are cut, re-routed, and sewn back together. I've been trying to keep my mom's thoughts positive and sometimes it seems so difficult when other people start sticking their nose where they don't belong. Everyone is nervous and afraid of the unknown. I know we can get through this, I know my mom will be okay and most importantly, I know that this will help her feel a lot better. Saying a prayer for my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment